Monday, September 3, 2012

After Toronto Thought...

First off, Congrats to Joshua Graham, wind-ups were definitely the deck to run at Toronto. From the times I have played it, on the Dueling Network, they seem to just spam XYZ like crazy. The fact that you can get rid of 3 or 4 of them one turn, the next turn they can have another 3 or 4. I am somewhat glad about this because even with the banning of Wind-up Hunter and the Limiting of Wind-up Carrier Zenmaity, the deck isn't dead. I find the absolutely killing of archetypes really meaningless and not a good idea for Konami; especially when they are trying to sell product and advanced the game.

Like in my video, Geargias are definitely going to see a lot of play this upcoming format, same with Gadgets obviously. They did take a hit with ultimate offering being limited but it doesn't stop this deck from being in the Top Tier. They are cards you will want to look out for because now that they had such a good showing, the commons and rares will see a price spike. A card that I think will see some more side deck play is Pulling the Rug. I think it is a really good card in general and if Monarchs to come back then Pulling the Rug will be a side deck card for every deck. I also think the Mischief of the Yokai is STILL a highly underrated card. It did see some play earlier this year but it is such a good card. The only deck it doesn't really effect is Dark World mainly because they do not XYZ that much. The fact that Mischief of the Yokai can stop a XYZ summon twice is killer.

With the "leaking" (I put it in quotes because I only go off confirmed and just because it is on a few websites that probably got it from the same source does not make it so.) of T.G. Hyper Librarian and Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction as being the two cards as special edition promos in the Return of the Duelist SE Box, I do see this as a potential money mark. Although I do think that these two cards being the special edition is a bit pointless and Konami late to the plate on getting "championship level cards" to the mass public. Why would it not being Rescue Rabbit and Maxx "C", the fact that they released Effect Veiler in the SE before and Laggia and Dolkka in tins, this would be the perfect medium to put these two cards in. Either way if it is Librarian and Golem, I can still see profit to be made from this Special Edition box and these promos. I don't believe as much as Effect Veiler but still these promos will definitely help with making money back from the SE box itself.

I am still at a stand still of what to pick up because I do not see any cards going up or down in price in the near future. Obviously with wind-up winning Toronto, Wind-ups will see a price spike, same with some HERO cards because they had a really nice showing as well. I am unsure what cards will be the money cards at this point. Personally, any deck with Skill Drain will be a deck to play at YCS Indy. I think with Wind-up, Geargias, Gadgets and HEROes being so popular Skill Drain is such a good card against these.

Right now I am playing around with a Dark World build because Skill Drain complements Dark World really well. I was super excited to see that a Dark World had made the Top 8 / 16, so I am currently searching for that youtube video to see how his build was working. A few other decks that take advantage of skill drain is T.G.s and Geartown/Malefics decks. I am looking into the Geartown deck right now. I think it'll be a really good meta-call for YCS Indy.

No comments:

Post a Comment