Sunday, September 2, 2012

Scaling of Return of the Duelist. Take 1

Here are the links to two videos I have done with scaling Return of the Duelist. Video 1 and Video 2.

They are associated with my youtube channel which was mainly about scaling but I am in the middle of transitioning it to become more about general Yugioh but a focus on scaling since that is what I do.

As of right now I have taken a loss on scaling Return of the Duelsit packs so far. I have pull 14 out of 17 holos, which is a 82% so overall a B-. This isn't too great but I am not going to complain about it because I could just be pulling packs a random and have like a 20% holo right.

So far I have gotten along with the Blister Weights and the Pack weights respectively (meaning blister weights are first and pack weights is second, obvious I know but some people don't):

22.02 - 12.68 - Blue Dragon Ninja
22.11 - 12.68 - Prophecy Destroyer
22.01 - 12.72 - Advanced Zone
21.89 - 12.68 - Spellbook Magician of Prophecy
21.93 - 12.59 - Bust
22.05 - 12.72 - Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
21.96 - 12.70 - Rebound
21.95 - 12.56 - Bust
21.90 - 12.70 - Blue Dragon Ninja
21.89 - 12.65 - Void Trap Hole

22.38 - 12.66 - Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis (Security Sticker)
22.36 - 12.60 - Number 33: Chronomaly Machu Mech (Security Sticker)
22.40 - 12.61 - Soul of Silvermountain (Security Sticker)
22.41 - 12.77 - Heroic Champion - Excalibur (Security Sticker)
22.51 - 12.64 - Silver Sentinel (Security Sticker)
22.51 - 12.62 - Noble Knight Gawayn (Security Sticker)
22.62 - 12.56 - Bust (Security Sticker)

I do want to keep you guys that read this as informed on scaling as possible. With that being said, you should not take my weights and apply them to your own scaling experience. We have found out that all weights vary from place to place. As you can see my weights have been fairly consistent with 12.60 and up is a super or better. It all depends on your area and your weights because some people may have it to where their lowest weight that yield holos is a 12.7~ or a 12.8~. If I do recall correctly, pack weights that produced holos used to be 12.9~ and up. I am assuming Konami has found a cheaper and lighter material to print their cards on; whatever the case is we can still scale them out.

It is a bit unfortunate that we have not found an easy way to find ultimates yet but sets don't typically have great ultras for us, scalers, to really worry about ultimates. At least, I have not worried about the ultimates in a set in a while. I think this past set, Return of the Duelist, has some of the more expensive ultimates but they could still be under their hype price. So prices will vary in the upcoming weeks. The current pricing can be found in this link: Price Guide. I have started up this document on Google Documents for everyone to view. Once a week I will be updating this document with the current lowest BIN (Buy It Now) on eBay for you all to have some sort of documentation to refer to. Each set will have its own tab. I will get the past sets up when I have more time to add them. Although I will only do from Duelist Revolution to current. I will also create another sheet that has cards to get/horde/sell off from older sets with their current eBay price.

It does seem, however, that Geargias will see a rise in price. They have had quite a showing in Toronto; going undefeated in the first 8 rounds of Day 1. I am pretty ancy to see how they perform tomorrow, in Day 2. My money currently is on wind-ups or HEROes because they are such an explosive deck that it is hard to come back from after their long winded turn.

Thanks for reading. I will post tomorrow after YCS Toronto is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment