Monday, September 17, 2012

Countdown to YCS Indy - 4 Days

Here we go!

The deck I will be playing is Dark World. I have chosen dark world because I don't want to learn how to do the wind-up combos, I want to have a little bit of originality, and I don't want to have to trade/buy over rated wind-up cards. This past weekend was a Louisville regional. People were trading/sell Wind-up Rabbits SUPERS for $10. When I can go on eBay and get them for $3. What....the.....fuck.

I have everything I need for dark world. The only issue is the other stupid popular and relatively cheap deck, HEROes, is a thing. This deck gives me the biggest issues. They are heavily trap dependent as well as have chainables off the wall. I do want to play HEROes myself but I still like dark world better. We will come back to this in a little bit.

Name: Draw till you get DDV

A visual of the deck

Monsters: 17
3x Grapha
3x Snoww
3x Broww
3x Sillva
1x Beiige
2x Tour Guide
2x Cardcar D

Magic (Refuse to call them Spells): 13
3x Gates
3x Dragged Down from the Grave
2x Dark World Dealing
1x Foolish Burial
1x Card Destruction
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm

Trap: 10
3x Reckless Greed
2x Mind Crush
2x Deck Devastation Virus
2x Skill Drain
1x Starlight Road

Side Deck:
2x Gozen Match
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Dimensional Prison
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Cyber Dragon
2x Ryko
1x Fabled Raven
1x Night Assailant

Extra Deck: 15
Leviathan Dragon
Leviair the Sea Dragon
Acid Golem
Temtempo
Zenmaines
Utopia
Maestroke
Zenmaioh
Adreius
Tiras
Catastor
Black Rose Dragon
Stardust Dragon
Scrap Dragon
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

The main purpose of the deck is to draw as much as possible to get out DDV or Skill Drain. Obviously this is to combat Wind-Ups, Gadgets, Geargias, as well any deck that run weeney monsters. Getting DDV off first turn can be killer for nearly any of the decks and it gives you some very valuable information. Their hand. I decided that getting DDV off is going to be very important at this YCS, especially since the meta is what it is!

Like I stated before HEROes is the only deck that I am really worried about. Since DDV doesnt hit HEROes and skill drain only hits stratos and their XYZ monsters. I am very worried about this match up. My side board is pretty set to combat the deck though, with bottomless, d-prison, cyber dragon and ryko. I am not sure what else I can do. I have seen some DW players siding super poly and put the dark E-Hero in their extra but I would really prefer not to do that. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment